Yeti – Abominable Snowmen
- Brand: Doctor Who
- Product Code:WHO43
- Availability:Sold Out
Doctor Who hand-painted figurineA Limite..
Doctor Who hand-painted figurine
A Limited Edition of only 225 Figurines
We at Robert Harrop Designs have been creating collectable hand painted figurines for over 30 years and have gained a well earned reputation of high quality and accuracy of detail. Our extensive portfolio includes Thunderbirds, Camberwick Green, Beano Dandy and 2000AD to name but a few. A portfolio that is extremely nostalgic and very British, so it was no surprise that Doctor Who would be the next project that we wanted to embrace into our studios!
In partnership with the BBC, we have meticulously hand sculpted a range of 1:12 scale, hand cast and hand painted Doctor Who figurines, each made to strict Worldwide Limited Editions.
As a mark of provenance, each Limited Edition figurine will be numbered with a unique Edition Number and will come packaged in a presentation box with an Information Card and Certificate of Authenticity!
From ‘The Abominable Snowman’ 1967
“This thing that's here, this evil, it will spread. It has to be stopped and I think I can do it.”
The TARDIS arrives in Tibet in 1935 and the Doctor visits the remote Detsen Monastery in order to return a sacred bell, the Ghanta, given to him for safe keeping on a previous visit. There he meets an Englishman, Travers, on an expedition to track down the legendary Abominable Snowmen or Yeti.
It transpires that the Yeti roaming the area are actually disguised robots, which scare away or kill anyone who approaches. The High Lama Padmasambhava, whom the Doctor met hundreds of years earlier on his previous visit, has been taken over by a nebulous alien being, the Great Intelligence, which has artificially prolonged his life and is now using him to control the Yeti by way of models on a chessboard-like map. The Intelligence's aim is to create a material form for itself and take over the Earth.
- A Limited Edition Hand painted figurine / statue from the Doctor Who Collection.
- Designed, Sculpted and Made in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Traditionally Hand Sculpted by Mike Rodgers.
- Official BBC License. The figurine has been approved by the Doctor Who television production team at the BBC.
- Approximately 8.4 inches (214mm) tall.
- A Limited Edition of Only 225 Figurines Worldwide.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Comes with a ‘Control Sphere’ which can be displayed on or off the piece.
- Comes complete in a presentation box with information card and a Certificate of Authenticity!
Robert Harrop Designs
Doctor Who Collection