The First Doctor – William Hartnell - L.E. 225
- Brand: Doctor Who
- Product Code:WHO45
- Availability:Out Of Stock
Please allow 6 weeks for mainland UK del..
Please allow 6 weeks for mainland UK delivery Overseas delivery will take longer!
Doctor Who hand-painted figurine
A Limited Edition of only 225 Figurines
We at Robert Harrop Designs have been creating collectable hand painted figurines for over 30 years and have gained a well earned reputation of high quality and accuracy of detail. Our extensive portfolio includes Thunderbirds, Camberwick Green, Beano Dandy and 2000AD to name but a few. A portfolio that is extremely nostalgic and very British, so it was no surprise that Doctor Who would be the next project that we wanted to embrace into our studios!
In partnership with the BBC, we have meticulously hand sculpted a range of 1:12 scale, hand cast and hand painted Doctor Who figurines, each made to strict Worldwide Limited Editions.
As a mark of provenance, each Limited Edition figurine will be numbered with a unique Edition Number and will come packaged in a presentation box with an Information Card and Certificate of Authenticity!
THE FIRST DOCTOR 1963 - 1966
Doctor Who was first broadcast on the BBC on the 23rd November 1963. The first episode, shown in four weekly parts, was called ‘An Unearthly Child’ and introduced William Hartnell as the eponymous Doctor.
William Hartnell would be the first of thirteen incarnations of the Doctor so far created, appearing in 134 episodes, spanning over four series, until his last regular appearance in ‘The Tenth Planet’, aired in 1966. In this episode the Doctor would undergo his first regeneration into the Second Doctor, played by Patrick Troughton. However, William Hartnell would also go on to portray the First Doctor in the 1973 episode ‘The Three Doctors’.
William Hartnell passed away in 1975, but the character of the First Doctor would also appear after his death in 1983’s ‘The Five Doctors’ and in two episodes in 2017, ‘The Doctor Falls’ and ‘Twice Upon a Time’. The character was played by William Hartnell look-a-likes Richard Hurndall and David Bradley respectively.
- A Limited Edition Hand painted figurine / statue from the Doctor Who Collection.
- Designed, Sculpted and Made in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Traditionally Hand Sculpted by Mike Rodgers.
- Official BBC License. The figurine has been approved by the Doctor Who television production team at the BBC.
- Approximately 7.1 inches (180mm) tall.
- A Limited Edition of Only 225 Figurines Worldwide.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Pewter cane for added strength.
- Comes complete in a presentation box with information card and a Certificate of Authenticity!
Robert Harrop Designs
Doctor Who Collection