Davros - Genesis of the Daleks (1975)
- Brand: Doctor Who
- Product Code:WHO17
- Availability:Out Of Stock
A New Doctor Who handpainted figurine A..
A New Doctor Who handpainted figurine
A limited edition of only 250
We at Robert Harrop Designs have been creating collectable hand painted figurines for over 30 years and have gained a well earned reputation of high quality and accuracy of detail. Our extensive portfolio includes Thunderbirds, Camberwick Green, Beano Dandy and 2000AD to name but a few. A portfolio that is extremely nostalgic and very British, so it was no surprise that Doctor Who would be the next project that we wanted to embrace into our studios!
In partnership with the BBC, we have meticulously hand sculpted a range of 1:12 scale, hand cast and hand painted Doctor Who figurines, each made to strict Worldwide Limited Editions.
As a mark of provenance, each Limited Edition figurine will be numbered with a unique Edition Number and will come packaged in a presentation box with an Information Card and Certificate of Authenticity!
from ‘Genesis of the Daleks’ (1975)
"Now, future errors will be eradicated. Defeats will become victories. You have changed the future of the universe, Doctor."
The Time Lords intercept the transmat beam taking the Doctor, Sarah and Harry back to Space Station Nerva and deposit them instead on the planet Skaro, the home planet of the Daleks, at an early point in its history. The Doctor is given both a mission to prevent or alter the Daleks' development so that they become less of a threat to the universe and a time ring that will enable him and his companions to return to the TARDIS once this has been done.
Skaro was home to two races; the Thals, a warrior race, and the Kaleds, a race of teachers and philosophers. A thousand-year-old degenerative war between the two races came to a conclusion in ‘Genesis of the Daleks’ when Davros, the leading Kaled scientist, developed the Daleks as a 'housing' for mutated Kaleds. He was killed by his creatures after slaughtering the majority of his people. As a term of contempt, the Thals termed the remaining Kaleds 'Dalek People' or ‘Dals’.
- A Limited Edition Hand painted figurine / statue from the Doctor Who Collection.
- Designed and Sculpted in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Traditionally Hand Sculpted by Simon Boden.
- Official BBC License. Each piece is approved by the Doctor Who television production team at BBC Wales in Cardiff.
- Approximately 6.3 inches (160mm) tall.
- A Limited Edition of Only 250 Figurines Worldwide.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Comes complete in a presentation box with information card and a Certificate of Authenticity!
Robert Harrop Designs
Doctor Who Collection