Ice Warrior Varga (1967)
- Brand: Doctor Who
- Product Code:WHO03
- Availability:Out Of Stock
Doctor Who handpainted figurine A..
Doctor Who handpainted figurine
A limited edition of only 500
We at Robert Harrop Designs have been creating collectable hand painted figurines for over 30 years and have gained a well earned reputation of high quality and accuracy of detail. Our extensive portfolio includes Thunderbirds, Camberwick Green, Beano Dandy and 2000AD to name but a few. A portfolio that is extremely nostalgic and very British, so it was no surprise that Doctor Who would be the next project that we wanted to embrace into our studios!
In partnership with the BBC, we have meticulously hand sculpted a range of 1:12 scale, hand cast and hand painted Doctor Who figurines, each made to strict Worldwide Limited Editions.
As a mark of provenance, each Limited Edition figurine will be numbered with a unique Edition Number and will come packaged in a presentation box with an Information Card and Certificate of Authenticity!
Ice Warrior Varga
From ‘The Ice Warriors’ 1967
"You will maintain your Earthling body temperature by helping me."
The TARDIS arrives on Earth in the distant future at the time of a new ice age. The Doctor and his companions make their way into a base where scientists, commanded by Leader Clent, are using an ioniser device to combat the advance of a glaciers over Britain.
A giant humanoid creature has been found buried in the glacier and when thawed, it revives and is revealed to be Varga, captain of a Martian spacecraft that landed on Earth centuries ago and is still trapped in the glacier. Varga sets about freeing his comrades and formulating a plan to conquer the Earth!
Varga was played by Bernard Bresslaw, and although only recognisable by his huge stature, was particularly famous at the time by his appearances in the Carry On films. This was the first appearance of the Ice Warriors in a Doctor Who episode in the time of the Second Doctor, portrayed by Patrick Troughton.
- A Limited Edition Hand painted figurine / statue from the Doctor Who Collection.
- Designed and Sculpted in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Traditionally Hand Sculpted by Simon Boden.
- Official BBC License. Each piece is approved by the Doctor Who television production team at BBC Wales in Cardiff.
- Approximately 7.5 inches (190mm) tall.
- A Limited Edition of Only 500 Figurines Worldwide.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Comes complete in a presentation box with information card and a Certificate of Authenticity!
Robert Harrop Designs
Doctor Who Collection