Yeti - The Web of Fear (1968)
- Brand: Doctor Who
- Product Code:WHO12
- Availability:Sold Out
Doctor Who handpainted figurine A..
Doctor Who handpainted figurine
A limited edition of only 300
We at Robert Harrop Designs have been creating collectable hand painted figurines for over 30 years and have gained a well earned reputation of high quality and accuracy of detail. Our extensive portfolio includes Thunderbirds, Camberwick Green, Beano Dandy and 2000AD to name but a few. A portfolio that is extremely nostalgic and very British, so it was no surprise that Doctor Who would be the next project that we wanted to embrace into our studios!
In partnership with the BBC, we have meticulously hand sculpted a range of 1:12 scale, hand cast and hand painted Doctor Who figurines, each made to strict Worldwide Limited Editions.
As a mark of provenance, each Limited Edition figurine will be numbered with a unique Edition Number and will come packaged in a presentation box with an Information Card and Certificate of Authenticity!
from 'The Web of Fear' (1968)
"Through time and space I have observed you, Doctor. Your mind surpasses that of all other creatures."
The TARDIS narrowly avoids becoming engulfed in a web-like substance in space. It then arrives in the London Underground railway system, the tunnels of which are being overrun by the web and by the Great Intelligence's robot Yeti.
The Doctor, along with companions Victoria and Jamie, learn that this crisis was precipitated when Professor Travers, whom they first met in the Himalayas some forty years earlier, accidentally caused one of the Yeti to be reactivated, opening the way for the Intelligence to make another invasion attempt.
The Great Intelligence has no physical form but it is capable of communicating, both by itself and through possession of living creatures. The TARDIS is trapped in space by a web-like material of which The Great Intelligence can create anywhere and has properties which interfere with the TARDIS systems.
The Great Intelligence and the Yeti make their first appearance in ‘The Abominable Snowmen’during the time of the Second Doctor, portrayed by Patrick Troughton.
- A Limited Edition Hand painted figurine / statue from the Doctor Who Collection.
- Designed and Sculpted in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Traditionally Hand Sculpted by Mike Rodgers.
- Official BBC License. Each piece is approved by the Doctor Who television production team at BBC Wales in Cardiff.
- Approximately 8.1 inches (205mm) tall.
- A Limited Edition of Only 300 Figurines Worldwide.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Comes complete in a presentation box with information card and a Certificate of Authenticity!
Robert Harrop Designs
Doctor Who Collection