Mandrel – Nightmare of Eden (1979)
- Brand: Doctor Who
- Product Code:WHO27
- Availability:Out Of Stock
Doctor Who handpainted figurine A limit..
Doctor Who handpainted figurine
A limited edition of only 200
We at Robert Harrop Designs have been creating collectable hand painted figurines for over 30 years and have gained a well earned reputation of high quality and accuracy of detail. Our extensive portfolio includes Thunderbirds, Camberwick Green, Beano Dandy and 2000AD to name but a few. A portfolio that is extremely nostalgic and very British, so it was no surprise that Doctor Who would be the next project that we wanted to embrace into our studios!
In partnership with the BBC, we have meticulously hand sculpted a range of 1:12 scale, hand cast and hand painted Doctor Who figurines, each made to strict Worldwide Limited Editions.
As a mark of provenance, each Limited Edition figurine will be numbered with a unique Edition Number and will come packaged in a presentation box with an Information Card and Certificate of Authenticity!
From ‘Nightmare of Eden’ 1979
“The mandrels have a perfect right to exist. In one way Tryst was right. Humans do have some kind of choice. Let's just hope that no one else discovers the secret.”
The TARDIS arrives on the space liner Empress which has become locked together with a private ship, the Hecate, after colliding with it on emerging from hyperspace.
The Doctor and Romana meet the scientist Tryst, who has with him a Continuous Event Transmuter (CET) machine containing crystals on which are stored supposed recordings of planets that he and his team have visited.
Someone on board the liner is smuggling the dangerously addictive drug vraxoin, and to complicate matters the interface between the two ships allows some monstrous Mandrels from the mud swamps of Eden to escape from the CET machine - which does not merely take recordings but actually displaces whole planetary areas into its crystals.
The smugglers are revealed to be Tryst and the Hecate's pilot, Dymond. Vraxoin is in fact the material into which the Mandrels decompose when they are killed. The Doctor thwarts this plan, separates the two ships and returns the Mandrels to Eden.
- A Limited Edition Hand painted figurine / statue from the Doctor Who Collection.
- Designed, Sculpted and Made in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Traditionally Hand Sculpted by Mike Rogers.
- Official BBC License. Each piece is approved by the Doctor Who television production team at BBC Wales in Cardiff.
- Approximately 7.25 inches (180mm) tall.
- A Limited Edition of Only 200 Figurines Worldwide.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Comes complete in a presentation box with information card and a Certificate of Authenticity!
Robert Harrop Designs
Doctor Who Collection