Sontaran - The Time Warrior (1973)
- Brand: Doctor Who
- Product Code:WHO04
- Availability:(Please check description)
Doctor Who handpainted figurine A limit..
Doctor Who handpainted figurine
A limited edition of only 500
We at Robert Harrop Designs have been creating collectable hand painted figurines for over 30 years and have gained a well earned reputation of high quality and accuracy of detail. Our extensive portfolio includes Thunderbirds, Camberwick Green, Beano Dandy and 2000AD to name but a few. A portfolio that is extremely nostalgic and very British, so it was no surprise that Doctor Who would be the next project that we wanted to embrace into our studios!
In partnership with the BBC, we have meticulously hand sculpted a range of 1:12 scale, hand cast and hand painted Doctor Who figurines, each made to strict Worldwide Limited Editions.
As a mark of provenance, each Limited Edition figurine will be numbered with a unique Edition Number and will come packaged in a presentation box with an Information Card and Certificate of Authenticity!
Sontaran Commander Linx
From ‘The Time Warrior’ 1973
"By virtue of my authority, as an Officer of the Army Space Corps, I hereby claim this planet, its moons and its satellites, for the greater glory of the Sontaran Empire!"
Sarah Jane Smith is impersonating her aunt, virologist Lavinia Smith, in order to gain access to a research centre where top scientists are being held in protective custody while UNIT investigates the disappearance of a number of their colleagues. The missing scientists have been kidnapped by a Sontaran and taken back to medieval England, where they are working under hypnosis to repair his damaged spaceship.
Linx is a Commander of the Fifth Army Space Fleet of the Sontaran Army Space Corps and was played by Kevin Lindsay. He was the first of the Sontaran race to appear in a Doctor Who episode in the time of the Third Doctor, portrayed by Jon Pertwee. The Sontaran’s physical appearance can be attributed to their heavy muscle structure which is designed for load bearing rather than leverage as their home planet of Sontar has a surface gravity many times that of Earth.
- A Limited Edition Hand painted figurine / statue from the Doctor Who Collection.
- Designed and Sculpted in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Traditionally Hand Sculpted by Mike Rogers.
- Official BBC License. Each piece is approved by the Doctor Who television production team at BBC Wales in Cardiff.
- Approximately 6.5 inches (166mm) tall.
- A Limited Edition of Only 500 Figurines Worldwide.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Comes complete in a presentation box with information card and a Certificate of Authenticity!
Robert Harrop Designs
Doctor Who Collection