Silurian (1970), Doctor Who
- Brand: Doctor Who
- Product Code:WHO05
- Availability:In Stock
Doctor Who handpainted figurine A limit..
Doctor Who handpainted figurine
A limited edition of only 750
We at Robert Harrop Designs have been creating collectable hand painted figurines for over 30 years and have gained a well earned reputation of high quality and accuracy of detail. Our extensive portfolio includes Thunderbirds, Camberwick Green, Beano Dandy and 2000AD to name but a few. A portfolio that is extremely nostalgic and very British, so it was no surprise that Doctor Who would be the next project that we wanted to embrace into our studios!
In partnership with the BBC, we have meticulously hand sculpted a range of 1:12 scale, hand cast and hand painted Doctor Who figurines, each made to strict Worldwide Limited Editions.
As a mark of provenance, each Limited Edition figurine will be numbered with a unique Edition Number and will come packaged in a presentation box with an Information Card and Certificate of Authenticity!
From ‘Doctor Who and the Silurians’ 1970
"He talks of sharing our planet with apes! I shall wipe them out!"
Work on an experimental nuclear reactor is being hampered by inexplicable power losses and by an unusually high incidence of stress-related illness amongst staff. Built in a cave system at an underground research centre at Wenley Moor, UNIT and the Doctor are called in to investigate.
Exploring the cave system, the Doctor discovers it to be the home of a group of intelligent reptiles, termed Silurians, who went into hibernation millions of years ago but have now been revived from power taken from the new research centre!
The Silurians made their first appearance in ‘Doctor Who and the Silurians’ in the phase of the Third Doctor, played by Jon Pertwee. The Silurians are prehistoric and scientifically advanced reptilian humanoids who predate human history. They retreated underground and went into a self-imposed hibernation to survive what they believed to be a devistating ecological disaster, but was in fact the Moon coming into the Earth’s gravitational pull.
- A Limited Edition Hand painted figurine / statue from the Doctor Who Collection.
- Designed and Sculpted in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Traditionally Hand Sculpted by Mike Rogers.
- Official BBC License. Each piece is approved by the Doctor Who television production team at BBC Wales in Cardiff.
- Approximately 7.5 inches (189mm) tall.
- A Limited Edition of Only 750 Figurines Worldwide.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Comes complete in a presentation box with information card and a Certificate of Authenticity!
Robert Harrop Designs
Doctor Who Collection