Zygon - Terror of the Zygons (1975)
- Brand: Doctor Who
- Product Code:WHO11
- Availability:(Please check description)
Doctor Who hand-painted figurine A limi..
Doctor Who hand-painted figurine
A limited edition of only 300
We at Robert Harrop Designs have been creating collectable hand painted figurines for over 30 years and have gained a well earned reputation of high quality and accuracy of detail. Our extensive portfolio includes Thunderbirds, Camberwick Green, Beano Dandy and 2000AD to name but a few. A portfolio that is extremely nostalgic and very British, so it was no surprise that Doctor Who would be the next project that we wanted to embrace into our studios!
In partnership with the BBC, we have meticulously hand sculpted a range of 1:12 scale, hand cast and hand painted Doctor Who figurines, each made to strict Worldwide Limited Editions.
As a mark of provenance, each Limited Edition figurine will be numbered with a unique Edition Number and will come packaged in a presentation box with an Information Card and Certificate of Authenticity!
from 'Terror of the Zygons' (1975)
"You can't rule the world in hiding. You've got to come out on to the balcony sometimes and wave a tentacle!"
UNIT are investigating a series of attacks on North Sea oil rigs and Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart summons the Doctor and his companions to UNIT’s temporary HQ in the Scottish village of Tullock.
Upon investigation in appears that the attacks are the work of a huge cyborg, the Skarasen, controlled by a group of aliens called Zygons whose spaceship lies at the bottom of Loch Ness. They ultimately plan to take over the Earth as a substitute for their own planet, which has been devastated by solar flares.
The Zygons first appeared in ‘Terror of the Zygons’ and have the unique ability to replicate the appearance of another being at will, although they must keep the subject alive in order to use its body print.
One of their spacecraft, commanded by warlord Broton, crash landed into Loch Ness in Antiquity. The Skarasen is a cyborg grown from an embryo and it is used by the Zygon's as a life source, providing them with the lactic fluid they need to survive. Having lived in the waters of the Loch Ness for ‘centuries’, it is thought that the Skarasen inspired the legend of the Loch Ness Monster.
- A Limited Edition Hand painted figurine / statue from the Doctor Who Collection.
- Designed and Sculpted in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Traditionally Hand Sculpted by Mike Rodgers.
- Official BBC License. Each piece is approved by the Doctor Who television production team at BBC Wales in Cardiff.
- Approximately 7.5 inches (191mm) tall.
- A Limited Edition of Only 300 Figurines Worldwide.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Comes complete in a presentation box with information card and a Certificate of Authenticity!
Robert Harrop Designs
Doctor Who Collection