Cyberman - The Tenth Planet (1966)
- Brand: Doctor Who
- Product Code:WHO20
- Availability:Sold Out
A New Doctor Who handpainted figurine &..
A New Doctor Who handpainted figurine
A limited edition of only 250
We at Robert Harrop Designs have been creating collectable hand painted figurines for over 30 years and have gained a well earned reputation of high quality and accuracy of detail. Our extensive portfolio includes Thunderbirds, Camberwick Green, Beano Dandy and 2000AD to name but a few. A portfolio that is extremely nostalgic and very British, so it was no surprise that Doctor Who would be the next project that we wanted to embrace into our studios!
In partnership with the BBC, we have meticulously hand sculpted a range of 1:12 scale, hand cast and hand painted Doctor Who figurines, each made to strict Worldwide Limited Editions.
As a mark of provenance, each Limited Edition figurine will be numbered with a unique Edition Number and will come packaged in a presentation box with an Information Card and Certificate of Authenticity!
from ‘The Tenth Planet’ (1966)
"Come to Mondas and you will have no need of emotions. You will become like us."
The TARDIS arrives in December 1986 at a South Pole Space Tracking station where the personnel, under the command of General Cutler, are engaged in trying to talk down a manned space capsule that has got into difficulty.
The Doctor realises that the problem stems from the gravitational pull of another planet that has entered the solar system and is now heading for Earth. His words are borne out when the base is invaded by a force of alien Cybermen. The Cybermen's world, Mondas, is draining energy from Earth - once its 'twin planet' - and the situation will soon become critical.
When Mondas first appears it is vaguely said to be between Mars and Venus. Its continental land masses are similar to Earth's, and the Doctor is aware of the existence of the planet. The brains of the Cybermen are 'human', but lack emotions and their bodies are impervious to bullets and extremes of temperature, but not to radiation. Their power source is Mondas itself.
- A Limited Edition Hand painted figurine / statue from the Doctor Who Collection.
- Designed and Sculpted in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Traditionally Hand Sculpted by Simon Boden.
- Official BBC License. Each piece is approved by the Doctor Who television production team at BBC Wales in Cardiff.
- Approximately 8 inches (205mm) tall.
- A Limited Edition of Only 250 Figurines Worldwide.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Comes complete in a presentation box with information card and a Certificate of Authenticity!
Robert Harrop Designs
Doctor Who Collection