Thelwell – In Full Cry – LE 250
- Brand: Thelwell
- Product Code:TH01
- Availability:(Please check the description for pre-order / delivery schedule)
In Full CryA Limited Edition of Only 250..
In Full Cry
A Limited Edition of Only 250 Figurines Worldwide!
New Figurine Collection
Thelwell - ‘In Full Cry’
Welcome to the Robert Harrop Designs new official collection of figurines from the wonderful illustrations of Norman Thelwell!
We were recently approached by the Licensor's of Thelwell to create a figurine collection based on the great Norman Thelwell's popular pony-inspired comic illustrations and we obviously ‘jumped’ at the chance ! Well, here is the end result of our first foray into the World of Thelwell! Based on an illustration called 'In Full Cry', this first in a series of figurines is a Limited Edition of only 250 pieces Worldwide, complete with presentation box and Certificate of Authenticity! The scale of the figurine is an impressive 6.5 inches tall and 7.5 inches long.
The Great Norman Thelwell
Here is a brief biography of the great man himself, more information can be found at www.thelwell.org.uk:
Norman Thelwell was born in Birkenhead, Cheshire, on 3 May 1923. He remembers always wanting to draw as a child and recalls finding drawing and painting much easier than other subjects. His love of the countryside was fostered by childhood visits to a North Wales farm and was strengthened throughout his life.
He joined the Army in 1941 and, through the years of war which followed, both in Britain and in India, he always travelled with his sketchbooks. After the war, he took a degree course at Liverpool College of Art and in 1950 he started teaching design and illustration at Wolverhampton College of Art.
His first cartoon for Punch was published in 1952 and led to a relationship which lasted for 25 years. His first pony cartoon was published in 1953 and, by accident, led to a lifetime of association with the image of the little girl and the fat hairy pony. As he says in his autobiography: 'I was a sort of unofficial country cartoonist, doing funny drawings that involved birds, cattle, pigs and poultry. One day I did a pony drawing and it was like striking a sensitive nerve. The response was instantaneous. So the editor told me to do a two-page spread on ponies. I thought I'd already squeezed the subject dry. I looked at the white drawing block and wondered what on earth to do. In the end I dreamed up some more horsey ideas and people went into raptures. ' The Thelwell pony' was born.
- A Limited Edition Hand painted figurine / statue from the Thelwell Collection.
- Designed and Sculpted in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Traditionally Hand Sculpted by Simon Boden & Mike Rogers.
- Official Thelwell License, passed and approved by the Thelwell Estate.
- Approximately 6.5 inches (165mm) tall and 7.5 inches (190mm) long.
- A Limited Edition of Only 250 available Worldwide.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Comes complete in a presentation box with information card and a Certificate of Authenticity!
Robert Harrop Designs
© The Thelwell Estate 2019