Cyber Controller - Tomb of the Cybermen - LE 250
- Brand: Doctor Who
- Product Code:WHO35
- Availability:Out Of Stock
Please allow 8 weeks for delivery Doc..
Please allow 8 weeks for delivery
Doctor Who hand-painted figurine
A Limited Edition of only 250 Figurines
We at Robert Harrop Designs have been creating collectable hand painted figurines for over 30 years and have gained a well earned reputation of high quality and accuracy of detail. Our extensive portfolio includes Thunderbirds, Camberwick Green, Beano Dandy and 2000AD to name but a few. A portfolio that is extremely nostalgic and very British, so it was no surprise that Doctor Who would be the next project that we wanted to embrace into our studios!
In partnership with the BBC, we have meticulously hand sculpted a range of 1:12 scale, hand cast and hand painted Doctor Who figurines, each made to strict Worldwide Limited Editions.
As a mark of provenance, each Limited Edition figurine will be numbered with a unique Edition Number and will come packaged in a presentation box with an Information Card and Certificate of Authenticity!
From ‘The Tomb of the Cybermen’ 1967
“You will become the first of a new race of Cybermen. You will return to the Earth and control it.”
The Doctor and his companions Jamie and Victoria arrive on the planet Telos where an Earth archaeological expedition, led by Professor Parry, is attempting to uncover the ancient City of Telos and the tombs of the Cybermen. The Cybermen have apparently been extinct for centuries and when the entrance to the ancient tombs is successfully located, the Doctor reluctantly aids the archaeologists in gaining entry.
Once inside, the financial sponsor of the expedition, Klieg, reveals himself and his business partner, Kaftan, to be planning to revive the Cybermen. He wants to use their strength, allied with the intelligence of his own Brotherhood of Logicians, to create an invincible force for conquest.
It transpires however that the tomb is actually a giant trap designed to lure humans suitable for conversion into further Cybermen - a fate that almost befalls Kaftan's assistant Toberman. After fending off an attack by Cybermats - small but dangerous cybernetic creatures - the Doctor eventually defeats the revived Cybermen, led by their Controller, and reseals the tombs.
- A Limited Edition Hand painted figurine / statue from the Doctor Who Collection.
- Designed, Sculpted and Made in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Traditionally Hand Sculpted by Mike Rodgers.
- Official BBC License. The figurine has been approved by the Doctor Who television production team at the BBC.
- Approximately 8.4 inches (213mm) tall.
- A Limited Edition of Only 250 Figurines Worldwide.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Comes complete in a presentation box with information card and a Certificate of Authenticity!
Robert Harrop Designs
Doctor Who Collection