K9 The Invisible Enemy
- Brand: Doctor Who
- Product Code:WHO29
- Availability:(Please check description)
Please allow 8 weeks for deliveryDoctor ..
Doctor Who hand-painted figurine
A limited edition of only 250
We at Robert Harrop Designs have been creating collectable hand painted figurines for over 30 years and have gained a well earned reputation of high quality and accuracy of detail. Our extensive portfolio includes Thunderbirds, Camberwick Green, Beano Dandy and 2000AD to name but a few. A portfolio that is extremely nostalgic and very British, so it was no surprise that Doctor Who would be the next project that we wanted to embrace into our studios!
In partnership with the BBC, we have meticulously hand sculpted a range of 1:12 scale, hand cast and hand painted Doctor Who figurines, each made to strict Worldwide Limited Editions.
As a mark of provenance, each Limited Edition figurine will be numbered with a unique Edition Number and will come packaged in a presentation box with an Information Card and Certificate of Authenticity!
From ‘The Invisible Enemy’ 1977
"There is no need for gratitude. I am an automaton."
The TARDIS is infiltrated by the Swarm - a space-borne intelligence that wishes to spread itself across the universe - and the Doctor is infected by its nucleus. The ship then materialises on Titan, one of the moons of Saturn, where the human occupants of a refuelling station have also been taken over. The Doctor eventually collapses as a result of his infection, but first manages to relay to Leela the coordinates of a local hospital asteroid.
At the hospital, a Professor Marius clones the Doctor and Leela, miniaturises the clones and then injects them into the Doctor's body in the hope that they can find and destroy the nucleus. However, the plan backfires as the nucleus escapes from the Doctor in place of the clones and is enlarged to human size. The creature arranges for itself to be taken back to Titan, where breeding tanks have been prepared for it...
The Invisible Enemy is where we are first introduced to the character of K9, where he is serving as assistant to Professor Marius. A dog-shaped robot, invented and built by the Professor himself, K9 has encyclopaedic knowledge, vast computer intelligence and a powerful laser weapon concealed in his nose. Marius gives K9 to the Doctor as a parting gift, where he goes on to appear alongside the Doctor in over 20 storylines.
- A Limited Edition Hand painted figurine / statue from the Doctor Who Collection.
- Designed and Sculpted in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Traditionally Hand Sculpted by Mike Rodgers.
- Official BBC License. The figurine has been approved by the Doctor Who television production team at the BBC.
- Approximately 3.75 inches (95mm) tall.
- A Limited Edition of Only 250 Figurines Worldwide.
- Solid pewter tail for strength.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Comes complete in a presentation box with information card and a Certificate of Authenticity!
Robert Harrop Designs
Doctor Who Collection