Weeping Angel - Blink (2007)
- Brand: Doctor Who
- Product Code:WHO01
- Availability:Out Of Stock
Doctor Who hand-painted figurine A limi..
Doctor Who hand-painted figurine
A limited edition of only 750
We at Robert Harrop Designs have been creating collectable hand painted figurines for over 30 years and have gained a well earned reputation of high quality and accuracy of detail. Our extensive portfolio includes Thunderbirds, Camberwick Green, Beano Dandy and 2000AD to name but a few. A portfolio that is extremely nostalgic and very British, so it was no surprise that Doctor Who would be the next project that we wanted to embrace into our studios!
In partnership with the BBC, we have meticulously hand sculpted a range of 1:12 scale, hand cast and hand painted Doctor Who figurines, each made to strict Worldwide Limited Editions.
As a mark of provenance, each Limited Edition figurine will be numbered with a unique Edition Number and will come packaged in a presentation box with an Information Card and Certificate of Authenticity!
From ‘Blink’ 2007
"Don’t blink. Don’t even blink. Blink and you’re dead. They are fast, faster than you can believe. Don’t turn your back, don’t look away, and don’t blink. Good Luck."
It is 2007 and Sally Sparrow enters an abandoned house to look for subjects to photograph. Instead she finds eerie stone statues and a message from the Doctor hidden for years behind peeling wallpaper warning her about the Weeping Angels!
Trapped in the past, the Doctor and his companion Martha Jones are trying to communicate with Sally Sparrow to prevent the Weeping Angels from taking control of the TARDIS and thus acquiring its power. To save the day, Sally must unravel a set of cryptic clues sent through time by the marooned Doctor.
No one knows where the Weeping Angels come from, but they are described as being as old as the universe and “quantum locked", allowing them to move incredibly fast when unobserved. When seen they literally turn to stone, adopting the “weeping” appearance to avoid looking at each other. They are unusual predators in that they don’t kill their prey, but with a single touch can send a person into the past, thus erasing them from the present.
- A Limited Edition Hand painted figurine / statue from the Doctor Who Collection.
- Designed and Sculpted in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Traditionally Hand Sculpted by Simon Boden.
- Official BBC License. Each piece is approved by the Doctor Who television production team at BBC Wales in Cardiff.
- Approximately 7 inches (168mm) tall.
- A Limited Edition of Only 750 Figurines Worldwide.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Comes complete in a presentation box with information card and a Certificate of Authenticity!
Robert Harrop Designs
Doctor Who Collection