Zygon – Solid English Pewter - L.E 100
- Brand: Doctor Who
- Product Code:WHOPE06
- Availability:Out Of Stock
Doctor Who Solid English PewterLimited ..
Solid English Pewter
Limited edition of only 100
These unique pewter figurines are produced in partnership with A.E.
Williams of Birmingham, makers of traditional hand cast English Pewter
since 1779, making them the oldest existing Pewter manufacturer in the
UK. It goes without saying then, that the heritage and provenance of
your figurine will therefore be assured.
Each pewter cast is barrel rolled and polished to give it that fantastic finish and lustre, characterised by traditional English Pewter giftware that A.E. Williams are famous for. Our Official Zygon Pewter figurine is a Limited Edition of only 100 pieces Worldwide and to mark its provenance, every piece will be individually hand stamped on the base with an individual limited edition number and will come accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and our very own Forum to make sure that you keep up to date with the latest Doctor Who figurines
from 'Terror of the Zygons' (1975)
"You can't rule the world in hiding. You've got to come out on to the balcony sometimes and wave a tentacle!"
UNIT are investigating a series of attacks on North Sea oil rigs and Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart summons the Doctor and his companions to UNIT’s temporary HQ in the Scottish village of Tullock.
Upon investigation in appears that the attacks are the work of a huge cyborg, the Skarasen, controlled by a group of aliens called Zygons whose spaceship lies at the bottom of Loch Ness. They ultimately plan to take over the Earth as a substitute for their own planet, which has been devastated by solar flares.
The Zygons first appeared in ‘Terror of the Zygons’ and have the unique ability to replicate the appearance of another being at will, although they must keep the subject alive in order to use its body print.
One of their spacecraft, commanded by warlord Broton, crash landed into Loch Ness in Antiquity. The Skarasen is a cyborg grown from an embryo and it is used by the Zygon's as a life source, providing them with the lactic fluid they need to survive. Having lived in the waters of the Loch Ness for ‘centuries’, it is thought that the Skarasen inspired the legend of the Loch Ness Monster.
- A Limited Edition Solid English Pewter figurine / statue from the Doctor Who Collection.
- Designed and Sculpted in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Traditionally Hand Sculpted by Mike Rodgers.
- Official BBC License. Each piece is approved by the Doctor Who television production team at BBC Wales in Cardiff.
- Approximately 7.5 inches (191mm) tall.
- A Limited Edition of Only 100 pieces Worldwide.
- Approximately weighs 1.2kg of solid English Pewter.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Comes complete in a presentation box with information card and a Certificate of Authenticity!
Robert Harrop Designs
Doctor Who Collection