Sea Devil - The Sea Devils (1972)
- Brand: Doctor Who
- Product Code:WHO09
- Availability:Out Of Stock
Doctor Who handpainted figurine A..
Doctor Who handpainted figurine
A limited edition of only 300
We at Robert Harrop Designs have been creating collectable hand painted figurines for over 30 years and have gained a well earned reputation of high quality and accuracy of detail. Our extensive portfolio includes Thunderbirds, Camberwick Green, Beano Dandy and 2000AD to name but a few. A portfolio that is extremely nostalgic and very British, so it was no surprise that Doctor Who would be the next project that we wanted to embrace into our studios!
In partnership with the BBC, we have meticulously hand sculpted a range of 1:12 scale, hand cast and hand painted Doctor Who figurines, each made to strict Worldwide Limited Editions.
As a mark of provenance, each Limited Edition figurine will be numbered with a unique Edition Number and will come packaged in a presentation box with an Information Card and Certificate of Authenticity!
from ‘The Sea Devils’ (1972)
"We shall destroy man and reclaim the planet."
The Doctor and Jo Grant visit the Master in a high-security prison on an island off the south coast of England and hear from the governor, Colonel Trenchard, that ships have been mysteriously disappearing at sea.
Investigating, the Doctor learns that the sinkings have centred around an abandoned sea fort. He and Jo then visit the fort and are attacked by what one of the men there terms a ‘Sea Devil’. The Master, aided by a misguided Trenchard, is stealing equipment from the Naval base in order to build a machine to revive the Sea Devils from their prehistoric hibernation.
The ‘Sea Devils’ made their first appearance in ‘The Sea Devils’ in the phase of the Third Doctor, played by Jon Pertwee. Although they are never formally named, the Sea Devils are an amphibious breed of prehistoric
creatures and marine relatives of the Silurians. However, the Doctor reveals that the name ‘Silurian’ is inaccurate and states they should more properly be called ‘Eocenes’, originating from that era. The Master also reveals that he discovered the existence of the Sea Devils from files he stole from the Time Lords.
- A Limited Edition Hand painted figurine / statue from the Doctor Who Collection.
- Designed and Sculpted in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Traditionally Hand Sculpted by Mike Rodgers.
- Official BBC License. Each piece is approved by the Doctor Who television production team at BBC Wales in Cardiff.
- Approximately 7.5 inches (189mm) tall.
- A Limited Edition of Only 300 Figurines Worldwide.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Comes complete in a presentation box with information card and a Certificate of Authenticity!
Robert Harrop Designs
Doctor Who Collection