2nd Doctor - L.E. 100 Monochrome Edition
- Brand: Doctor Who
- Product Code:WHO28M
- Availability:Out Of Stock
Doctor Who hand-painted figurine A limi..
Doctor Who hand-painted figurine
A limited edition of only 100
We at Robert Harrop Designs have been creating collectable hand painted figurines for over 30 years and have gained a well earned reputation of high quality and accuracy of detail. Our extensive portfolio includes Thunderbirds, Camberwick Green, Beano Dandy and 2000AD to name but a few. A portfolio that is extremely nostalgic and very British, so it was no surprise that Doctor Who would be the next project that we wanted to embrace into our studios!
In partnership with the BBC, we have meticulously hand sculpted a range of 1:12 scale, hand cast and hand painted Doctor Who figurines, each made to strict Worldwide Limited Editions.
As a mark of provenance, each Limited Edition figurine will be numbered with a unique Edition Number and will come packaged in a presentation box with an Information Card and Certificate of Authenticity!
The Second Doctor
1966 - 1969
"Renewed? Have I? That's it, I've been renewed. It's part of the TARDIS. Without it I couldn't survive."
The Second Doctor made his first appearance in ‘The Tenth Planet’, a 1966 story, where the First Doctor, seemingly weakened by his battle with the Cybermen, eventually collapses and ‘regenerates’. The ‘new’ Doctor, played by Patrick Troughton, had his full debut in the next story ‘The Power of the Daleks’ where his companions Ben and Polly are at first unsure how to treat him.
In this story, the TARDIS brings the Doctor, Polly and Ben to the Earth colony on planet Vulcan, where the Doctor witnesses the murder of an examiner who had been secretly summoned by the Deputy Governor to investigate the activities of a group of rebels. Meanwhile, a scientist has discovered a crashed space capsule containing inert Daleks, which he is now in the process of reactivating. The Doctor's warnings are ignored when the Daleks claim to be the colonists' servants. It is the Daleks‘ behaviour towards the Doctor which at last confirms to Ben and Polly that he really is the Doctor.
The Second Doctor would appear in 119 episodes, spanning over 3 series, until his regeneration into the Third Doctor in 'The War Games’ on 21st June, 1969. The Doctor's companions over this time included Polly, Ben Jackson, Jamie McCrimmon, Victoria Waterfield and Zoe Heriot.
- A Limited Edition Hand painted figurine / statue from the Doctor Who Collection.
- Designed and Sculpted in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Traditionally Hand Sculpted by Mike Rodgers.
- Official BBC License. The figurine has been approved by the Doctor Who television production team at BBC Wales in Cardiff and Patrick Troughton’s Estate.
- Approximately 7 inches (178mm) tall.
- A Limited Edition of Only 100 Figurines Worldwide.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Comes complete in a presentation box with information card and a Certificate of Authenticity!
Robert Harrop Designs
Doctor Who Collection