- Brand: Gerry Anderson
- Product Code:TB11
- Availability:In Stock
ThunderbirdsHandpainted FigurineZero-X f..
Zero-X from 'Thunderbirds Are Go!'
A Limited Edition of Only 250 Figurines
Launched from the Glenn Field Spaceport, and headquarters of the Solar System Exploration Centre (SECC), Zero-X has been designed to be the first manned spacecraft to land on Mars and is comprised of five detachable sections. The main body houses the chemical engines, providing the thrust required for lift-off and the subsequent journey to Mars. A Martian Exploration Vehicle (MEV) is attached to the front of the main body where it also serves as Zero-X’s main control centre.
For take-off and landing two remotely-controlled wings are attached to the main body at the front and rear of the craft allowing Zero-X to operate from a runway like a conventional aircraft. The wings separate from the main body when the ship is at a high altitude and remotely fly back to base; on re-entry, they rendezvous with the spacecraft allowing it to safely land back to Earth.
The final section is a heatproof nose cone which protects the MEV during take-off and is jettisoned shortly after leaving the Earth's atmosphere. On reaching Mars, the MEV detaches from the main body, which is left in orbit and descends towards the planet's surface. At the surface the MEV extends caterpillar tracks to negotiate the Martian terrain.
- A Limited Edition and hand painted ceramic resin figurine / statue from the Thunderbirds Collection.
- Designed and Sculpted in Shropshire, England by Robert Harrop Designs.
- Approximately 95mm Tall x 240mm Wide x 155mm Deep
- A Limited Edition of Only 250 Figurines Worldwide.
- Individually hand numbered with a unique number on the base.
- Comes complete in a presentation box.